WTA Rankings: Barbora Krejcikova jumps to 11th spot, Garbine Muguruza enters top 10- French Open 2021 champion Barbora Krejcikova who won the Prague Open last week has moved closer to top 10 in latest WTA rankings. The 25-year-old had defeated Czech Tereza Martincova to win the Prague Open title on Sunday to her third title in last four tournaments with a significant rise to 11th place. She is just a couple of points behind Romania’s Simona Halep.
Krejcikova is heading for the Tokyo Olympics where she will play the singles as well as doubles with Katerina Siniakova, with whom she has won three Grand Slam doubles titles, including this year’s French Open.
WTA Rankings: Barbora Krejcikova jumps to 11th spot, Garbine Muguruza enters top 10
Halep, who has been beset by injury problems this year, slipped a place with Garbine Muguruza going up to ninth, the only change in a top 10 still dominated by Wimbledon champion Ashleigh Barty.
Meanwhile, Wimbledon champion Ash Barty continues to dominate the World No.1 spot while 4-time grand slam champion Naomi Osaka of Japan is placed second. Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus was placed third.
WTA ranking as of July 19:
1. Ashleigh Barty (AUS) 9,635 pts
2. Naomi Osaka (JPN) 7,336
3. Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) 6,965
4. Sofia Kenin (USA) 5,640
5. Bianca Andreescu (CAN) 5,331
6. Elina Svitolina (UKR) 5,125
7. Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 4,975
8. Iga Swiatek (POL) 4,695
9. Garbine Muguruza (ESP) 4,165 (+1)
10. Simona Halep (ROM) 4,115 (-1)
11. Barbora Krejcikova (CZE) 4,113 (+2)
12. Belinda Bencic (SUI) 4,085 (-1)
13. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 3,985 (-1)
14. Victoria Azarenka (BLR) 3,845
15. Jennifer Brady (USA) 3,830
16. Serena Williams (USA) 3,641
17. Elise Mertens (BEL) 3,495
18. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) 3,420
19. Maria Sakkari (GRE) 3,420
20. Elena Rybakina (KAZ) 3,083
/ 6 months ago
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta...