Here is your 10-point guide to this big story:
- The incident took place in the 21st over of the South African innings when South Africa captain Dean Elgar was given out LBW off R Ashwin’s bowling.
- Elgar decided to review the decision, with replays showing that the ball was bouncing over the stumps.
- Indian players reacted angrily when the decision against Dean Elgar was overturned on review.
- Several players, including Virat Kohli were heard complaining within range of the stump microphone.
- Kohli went up to the stump mic and said: “Focus on your team while they shine the ball. Not just the opposition. Trying to catch the opposition all the time.”
- KL Rahul and Ashwin both appeared to accuse SuperSport (host broadcaster) of influencing the ball-tracking device
- KL Rahul was heard saying: “The whole country is playing against 11 guys” while Ashwin said, “You should find better ways to win, SuperSport.”
- Indian bowling coach too weighed in after the day’s play, saying “We saw it, you saw it. I’ll leave that for the match referee to have a look at it.”
- Former cricketers like Gautam Gambhir, Aakash Chopra and Morne Morkel were not impressed with Indian players’ reaction to the entire incident.
- Gambhir went to the extent of calling Kohli’s reaction as “exaggerated” and “really immature”.
/ 1 year ago
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta...