US Open 2021 Qualifiers LIVE: Ankita Raina wins second set 6-2 to draw level against Jamie Loeb; Follow LIVE updates: India’s No.1 ranked Tennis player Ankita Raina will begin his quest for US Open 2021 on Tuesday (August 24). She will up against Jamie Loeb of the US in Qualifier 1. The 28-year-old will be aiming to enter the main draw of the US Open for the first time in her tennis career. Raina had earlier made it to the Qualifier 3 and Qualifier 2 of the Australian Open and French Open in 2021 respectively. India’s hope will pin on her performance as she is the lone player in women’s singles from the country at the US Open 2021.
Game 9: Ankita makes stunning come back, breaks Loeb back, trails 4-5.
Game 8: Ankita broken in the crucial game, trails 3-5.
Game 7: Loeb also retains her serve, the match is heading to an exciting finish, leads 4-3
Game 6: Ankita wins her service game, levels 3-3
Game 5: Loeb retains her serve, leads 3-2.
Game 4: Ankita claims a hard-fought win in her service game, levels 2-2
Game 3: Ankita breaks back, trails 1-2.
Game 2: Loeb breaks Ankita’s serve in crucial set, leads 2-0.
Game 1: Loeb wins her service game to take 1-0 lead.
US Open 2021 Qualifiers LIVE: Ankita Raina vs Jamie Loeb: Set 2, Raina wins 6-2
Game 8: Ankita is serving for the set, wins 2nd set 6-2
Game 7: Ankita breaks Loeb again, just one game away to win the set, leads 5-2
Game 6: Ankita wins her service game to lead 4-2.
Game 5: Loeb holds her serve, Raina leads 3-2
Game 4: Raina wins her service game, leads 3-1.
Game 3: Raina breaks Loeb, takes 2-1 lead.
Game 2: Ankita Raina wins a hard-fought 2nd game, levels scorers 1-1.
Game 1: Loeb wins her service game, leads second set 1-0
Game 9: Loeb breaks Ankita’s service again, takes 1st set 6-3.
Game 8: Loeb wins her service game, Ankita trails 3-5.
Game 7: Ankita broken again, Loeb leads 4-3.
Game 6: Loeb wins game 6, scores level at 3-3
Game 5: Ankita wins service game, leads 3-2
Game 4: Ankita breaks back, takes Game 4 to level scores 2-2.
Game 3: Raina claims her first game, trails 1-2.
Game 2: Loeb leads 2-0.
Set 1, Game 1: Ankita Raina serves and loses her service game. 0-1
On the other hand, Jamie Loeb will be looking for her first breakthrough in 2021. She is yet to make her mark in the Grand Slams in the ongoing year. In fact, she is coming on the back of straight losses in the last 3 fixtures. Additionally, the 26-year-old has managed just 1 win out of 6 fixtures in hard court events. However, she has registered victories in 12/28 matches in 2021. Having said that, Loeb needs to play her A-game if she needs to advance into Qualifier 2.
Form- Last 5 matches: Ankita Raina vs Jamie Loeb (Latest first)
Ankita Raina– LWLLL
Jamie Loeb– LLLWW
US Open 2021 Qualifiers: Ankita Raina vs Jamie Loeb
- Ankita Raina is ranked 193rd in the world while Jamie Loeb is placed at 194th.
- The two players will face off each other for the first time in their tennis careers.
- She has two WTA titles, 11 singles and 18 doubles titles in ITF Circuit
- The 28-year-old is only the fifth India player to rank under 200 in WTA rankings
- Raina has won Gold medals in women’s singles and mixed doubles at the 2016 South Asian Games. She had added a bronze medal at the 2018 Asian Games.
- Her notable wins include victories over former US Open champion Samantha Stosur and Wimbledon Finalist Sabine Lisicki.
- Raina prefers hard court (US Open) and grass court surfaces. She has won 6 out of 16 hard court matches in 2021.
- Jamie Loeb’s career-best performance in Grand Slams came in 2015 when she made it to round 1 of the US Open.
- Notably, she has won 8 singles and 9 doubles titles in the ITF Circuit.
/ 8 months ago
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta...