PSL 2021 Start Date Update: Pakistan Cricket Board to franchises, ‘trying to start the league on 7th June’: The PCB has made some changes to their tour of England keeping in mind the delay in the Pakistan Super League (PSL 2021 second leg). The players will now leave for their tour of England a couple of days late as compared to their previous schedule. The PCB is in talks with the UAE government to ensure the remaining 20 matches of the T20 event happen as soon as possible. If the National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority (NCEMA) decides to all the production crew to work in Abu Dhabi from June 5 to start the event by June 7.
PSL 2021 Start Date Update:
Some of the updates provided and decisions made are:
- Pakistan men’s team to now depart for England on 25 June instead of 23 June
- PSL 2021 to now end on 24 June instead of 20 June, as planned earlier
- Departure for England on 25 June will mean only three double-headers, if the event commences on 7 June
- Franchises updated on the 16 production company crew, who are now isolating in Dubai after being allowed entry in Abu Dhabi last week
- NCEMA to decide on Wednesday afternoon if they will grant exemptions to 16 production crew to work in Abu Dhabi from 5 June to make 7 June start possible
- PCB to continue to engage with the Abu Dhabi government
- Franchise owners appreciate PCB efforts and acknowledge the hardships faced in the present landscape
- Franchise owners keen for the remaining matches to be played in the UAE
- Sarfaraz Ahmed and six others land in Abu Dhabi
- Multan Sultans include Blessing Muzarabani in place of Obed McCoy
- Seven-day isolation for those who arrived on charter flights from Pakistan ends on Wednesday afternoon
- Islamabad United and Lahore Qalandars to train on Wednesday under Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium lights.
/ 2 months ago
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta...