IPL 2021 – Latest IPL Points Table, Orange Cap & Purple Cap Holders list, check all latest IPL Playoff scenarios – Mumbai Indians have climbed up to fifth in the IPL 2021 points table, following their convincing win over Rajasthan Royals. RR meanwhile have slipped to seventh in the table.
IPL 2021 Teams Points Table
|2||Chennai Super Kings||13||9||4||0||18||+0.739|
|3||Royal Challengers Bangalore||12||8||4||0||16||-0.157|
|4||Kolkata Knight Riders||13||6||7||0||12||+0.294|
|6||Kings XI Punjab||13||5||8||0||10||-0.241|
IPL 2021 Playoffs Race: 5 league matches left, CSK, DC, RCB through – KKR, PBKS, RR, MI fighting for the last spot: Follow live updates: IPL 2021 playoff race: Current playoff scenarios for KKR, PBKS, MI, RR
What Kolkata Knight Riders require to Qualify – Currently 4th on Points Table
- Simple Equation for them, win final match vs Rajasthan Royals, book the place & Qualify for Playoffs. Their superior NET RUN RATE will take them through with win.
- With a win over SRH, KKR now need to win the last game vs RR to qualify for the playoffs.
- The situation will get difficult if KKR lose the last game.
- In that scenario, only Mumbai Indians can match them on 14 points, but MI would need to win their final game by a margin of about 120 runs to topple them on net run-rate
- If KKR lose to RR, then they would require SRH to beat MI, which would leave multiple teams on 12 points each and net run rate would help KKR pip the rest.
Remaining game: vs RR (Oct 7)
IPL 2021 Playoff Race: What Punjab Kings require to Qualify – – Currently 6th on Points Table
- PBKS is in a difficult place now. They just have 1 match left. They are currently at 6th on points table but very precariously placed
- First thing first – PBKS have to win last match vs CSK & that too by a big margin
- Then they will have to wait for the results of other matches
- They can only get to 12 points and would require neither KKR, RR or MI to go past 12 points. For that to happen, PBKS has to beat table toppers CSK first and then RR has to beat KKR and then MI has to lose to SRH. PBKS’s net run rate is -0.241 and it would require a big win against CSK to lift it past the other contenders – especially KKR – to stand any chance of qualification.
- OVERALL almost NIL chances for them to QUALIFY & BOOK a PLAYOFF SPOT
Remaining game: vs CSK (Oct 7)
What Rajasthan Royals require to Qualify – Currently 7th on Points Table
- RR’s chances have taken a major hit especially after their defeat against Mumbai Indians
- Sanju Samson and Co. will have to defeat KKR in their final game to remain in contention.
- A loss will knock them out of contention.
- However, in case of a 12-point tie, RR will need a huge win to topple KKR’s net run-rate, with their defeat to MI seeing their NRR tumble to – 0.241. KKR are far ahead with a + 0.241.
Rajasthan Royals: Remaining games: vs KKR (Oct 7)
IPL 2021 Playoff Race: What Mumbai Indians require to Qualify – Currently 7th on Points Table
- Mumbai Indians have done well to their chances, with a huge win over Rajasthan Royals
- The defending champions will need to beat Sunrisers Hyderabad in the final game, who are already knocked out.
- A win however does not guarantee MI a playoff spot, with KKR’s net run-rate significantly ahead of them.
- MI will need to beat Sunrisers by over 120 runs to topple KKR’s run rate.
- A win over SRH and defeat for KKR will see MI qualify for the playoffs.
Remaining games: vs SRH (Oct 8)
SunRisers Hyderabad – SRH is out of IPL Playoff Race
IPL 2021 Orange Cap Leaderboard
Sanju Samson missed out on a chance to reach the 500-run club, after falling cheaply against the Mumbai Indians. KL Rahul retains his top spot, with Ruturaj Gaikwad and Shikhar Dhawan the other members of the 500-run club, while Faf du Plessis is 13 runs behind Samson at fifth.
|5||Faf du Plessis||13||12||470||42.72||137.42||45||18|
IPL 2021 Purple Cap Leaderboard
Jasprit Bumrah took two wickets to enter the top three in the Purple cap race, overtaking Punjab Kings star Mohammed Shami. Bumrah tallies 19 wickets for the season and has single-handedly carried MI’s pace attack this season. Harshal Patel leads the charts with 26 wickets, followed by Avesh Khan with 22.
/ 6 months ago
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta...