IPL Players Contract & Salary structure – Explained
- The BCCI pays a percentage of whatever a player earns to the player’s home board, in Cummins case to Cricket Australia.
- Players are paid in 3-4 instalments over 12 months for playing the full IPL Season
- In case player gets injured while playing the IPL or during the camps, player still gets paid in full.
- As per the players contract if for some reason the organizers (BCCI) can’t complete the full season – still the player gets paid in full.
- In case, player doesn’t make himself available for the full season – he gets paid only on PRO-RATA basis i.e for the number of matches he has stayed with the team during the IPL Season. This is the clause, due to which IPL players who can’t make it to the UAE leg will have to let go of their salaries
IPL 2021 Phase 2: Who would be the biggest losers?Ashley Giles, Managing Director, England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), has already said that England players will not be allowed to participate in the UAE leg of IPL due to national commitments.England will host Pakistan and Bangladesh for the limited-overs series and are expecting all its players to be available. Giles added that even if players are rested they will not be given NOCs to keep them fresh for the T20I World Cup, followed by Ashes.Cricket Australia, although, still has to discuss the prospect of whether to allow its players for IPL, it is unlikely given their packed schedule. New Zealand might follow the same route as the ECB.Highest earning players who can miss IPL 2021: Ben Stokes, Jhye Richardson, Kyle Jamieson, Glenn Maxwell, David Warner, Pat Cummins, Rashid KhanIPL 2021 Salary: What about Indian players?Under the standard contract, India’s centrally contracted players do not have to worry about the IPL, courtesy of BCCI’s “Players Insurance” scheme.It is an insurance policy for all centrally contracted players. The scheme was introduced before the starting of the fourth season in 2011 after a discussion between then BCCI secretary N Srinivasan and the Indian team players. Under the insurance scheme, players are compensated in case of IPL non-appearance/unavailability due to injury/accident amongst other reasons.
/ 5 months ago
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta...